This list was originally intended to have 100 things.. but when I started writing it I found that I had more than a 100 things to be grateful for and the list keeps growing.
This year has been wonderful.. and as I enter my 30th year, I am in deep, deep gratitude for everything in my life. To everyone reading this post.. I am grateful to you too and please add to this all the things that you love and are grateful for..
Presenting, in random order, all the things in my life that I’m grateful for..
I am grateful for..
- My life – cos if I didn’t have it then I wouldn’t have had such beautiful experiences
- My family (immediate and extended) – they love me and support me always and no matter what!
- My body – It’s perfect and can be improved 🙂
- My house – it’s a safe haven for us all
- Deep Red Ink – I never thought I could really enjoy my work so much
- The challenges I face – because they allow for things to surface and for me to acknowledge them
- The fact that I live in India – so many delightful people and delightful experiences here
- The fact that I have had an opportunity to travel the world – to see what’s out there and make informed choices
- The internet – without which this communication wouldn’t have been possible
10. Facebook – cos it allows me to connect with wonderful people
11. My blog – for being the space that I can express myself
12. My friends – for keeping me grounded.. and providing diversity in my life
13. Past relationships (romantic or otherwise) – for allowing things about me to surface which I otherwise wouldn’t have realized
14. My old workplace – for making me realize what I’m good at and what I need to work on
15. The opportunity to have lived abroad
16. The opportunity to have lived in different cities in India
17. My interaction with spiritual masters and teachers
18. The fact that I can drive a car!
19. The fact that I have a car to drive
20. Our beautiful planet which has such diversity in climate, flora, fauna etc
21. The fact that I get 3 home-cooked meals a day
22. My soft cushiony mattress
23. The fact that I have 2 closets full of clothes!
24. And 2 drawers full of shoes!
25. The fact that I have experienced immense abundance of love at most times
26. The fact that I am capable of blessing others and receiving blessings from others
27. That I can read, write and speak 4 languages
28. That I have a laptop to type this list
29. That I can operate a laptop
30. for my cell phone
31. The fact that I have people expressing romantic interest in me 😉
32. for my Ipod
33. for the beautiful music that I have had the chance to listen to
34. for guided meditations by Nithya Shanti and other great teachers
35. for having the time to write this list
36. for my new job!
37. for having the time to discover my life purpose
38. for having had a great childhood
39. for having loving, nurturing parents who are now my friends
40. for having a brother who is also my best friend
41. for having the ability to connect with myself and others
42. for being able to sleep well at night
43. to be able to eat well and make informed choices about what I eat
44. the fact that I can see the positive side of things, mostly!
45. the fact that I can see the negative side of things
46. for my precious books – because they provide hours of entertainment and learning
47. for movies that I have had a chance to see
48. for being of sound body and sound mind
49. for a high speed internet connection
50. for the Milani family that were my surrogate parents in Pune
51. For learning about the law of attraction and how to use it
52. For learning about the power of gratitude and how to use it
53. For being able to exercise everyday
54. For having the opportunity to choose my own life partner
55. For being able to study whatever I choose to
56. For my education that has taught me so much
57. For being able to sing
58. For being able to dance when I want to
59. the fact that I can make my own decisions
60. the fact that I can have a career of my choice
61. For having the ability to be open to concepts and new learning
62. the fact that I am a woman 🙂
63. for being a decent cook
64. for being able to be there for friends and family when they need me
65. for my friends picking me up when I need to go somewhere
66. for living in an awesome city like Hyderabad
67. the fact that I can go on vacations and relax (eg Greece!)
68. for learning new healing methods like EFT, etc
69. For being able to heal myself
70. . For having a natural ability to write in English
71. Dr. Tomadakis – without whom I couldn’t have written the research paper that I did
72. Dr. Brenner – for funding my Masters degree
73. The Chemical Engineering department at Florida tech where I learnt so much
74. My Yoga teachers Amala and Apoorva – because of whom I have better health
75. My homoeopath Dr Prasad for curing anything!
76. My ex-boss and friend Nitin Jain for trusting in me so much
77. Michael Jackson for making some of the most brilliant and enjoyable music
78. Rumi – my favourite poet
79. Santhan – My friend and confidant…
80. Landmark forum – where I learnt so much and made some awesome friends
81. Art of living – that taught me Sudarshan kriya and pranayam for the first time
82. Tao of Facilitation – for giving me clarity and for Kiran – my dearest friend!
83. Raj Mali and his teachings – for really teaching me how to live
84. Clean water to drink
85. Fruits to eat everyday
86. Ravi Shankar for being the space of learning and healing for me
87. My printer
88. Heffalump – for being as cute as he is
89. Calvin and Hobbes – the best comic strip ever
91. The Chitta Sangha – my heart connects!
92. Bollywood film music for being my companion in the car everyday
93. The Sound of Music – that taught me how to sing
94. My music teachers Deepa Naha and Mrs Bhaumik
95. Brian Weiss for inspiring me to learn about PLR
96. Louise Hay for teaching me more about my thoughts and body
97. Twitter – for teaching me something new
98. Mozilla Firefox – for being the best browser ever
99. Sadhu Vaswani Mission – for teaching me how to serve others
100. My Hard disk drive for storing all the wonderful movies and music
101. My glasses and contact lenses for helping me see better
102. My comfortable night suits
103. The sweet perfume I wear
104. The fact that my brother thinks I’m kind.